The Zend Framework team has just completed a reorganization of our
subversion repository. The reorganization was necessary due to changes we
are introducting both in our proposal system as well as project
architecture. Specifically, we are introducing a new library, our ‘Extras’
library, which will contain contributions that are not officially supported
by Zend but which still require successful completion of our proposal
process. Additionally, we are merging our Laboratory repository.
The final structure is basically like the following:
The key changes:
- tag/ and branch/ have been moved under ‘standard/’ as ‘tags/’ and
- trunk/ has been moved to ‘standard/trunk/’
- trunk/incubator/ has been moved to ‘standard/incubator/’
- http://framework.zend.com/svn/laboratory has been moved to
- trunk/build-tools/ and trunk/scripts/ have been moved under build-tools/,
and will contain their own branches and tags
- addition of ‘extras/’ tree in repository
You will need to update your working checkouts and any svn:externals to
point to the new locations.
If using subversion from the command line, switching your working checkout
is relatively easy using ‘svn info’ and ‘svn switch’. For example:
$ svn info .
Repository Root: http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework
Repository UUID: 44c647ce-9c0f-0410-b52a-842ac1e357ba
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: thomas
Last Changed Rev: 9498
Last Changed Date: 2008-05-22 01:54:03 -0700 (Thu, 22 May 2008)
$ svn switch http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/standard .
$ svn up
To update your svn:externals checkouts, you will need to simply edit your
$ svn propedit svn:externals .
and simply edit the URL to which the externals point.
You will need to determine the final URL based on the information provided
above about the changes. In general:
- if you were checking out from trunk, the path will change from ‘trunk/’ to
- if you were checking out from a release branch, the path will change from
‘branch/release-1.X/’ to ‘standard/branches/release-1.X/’
- if you were checking out from a tag, the path will change from
‘tag/release-1.X/’ to ‘standard/tags/release-1.X/’
We apologize for any short term problems these changes may cause; however,
they are necessary to allow us to expand our offerings and better support
our community in the long term.