We couldn’t be happier to announce that Zend Framework 1.6 Release
Candidate 1 is now available from the Zend Framework download site!
An overview of new features:
- Dojo Integration
- Dojo Data packing
- Dojo View Helper
- Dijit integration with Zend_Form & Zend_View
- Dojo Library Distribution
- SOAP Server
- SOAP Client
- WSDL access
- WSDL Generation
- Preview of Tooling Project in Laboratory (see /laboratory folder)
- Command Line Interface
- Project Asset Management
- Unit Testing Harness for Controllers
- Lucene 2.3 Index File Format Support
- Zend_Session save handler for Database Tables
- Paginator Component
- Text/Figlet Support
- ReCaptcha Service
- Zend_Config_Xml Attribute Support
- Character Set Option for DB Adapters
- Zend File Transfer Component
- New Media View Helpers (Flash, Quicktime, Object, and Page)
- Support in Zend_Translate for INI File Format
This obviously marks a very important step towards a high-quality,
highly tested 1.6 GA release. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to
this release in any way: with patches/check ins,
documentation/translations, and bug reports.
But our work is not yet over! Let’s do our best to bring this release to the breaking point to find areas we can improve the release for General Availability. Based on your feedback we will determine in the next few weeks whether we require additional release candidates, so please provide feedback on our issue tracker (http://framework.zend.com/issues)
as soon as you can and ask any questions/post your experiences on the
appropriate mailing list.
Again, the Zend Framework community does NOT recommend this release for production use. We do, however, recommend evaluating new features in this release with existing and new applications.
Enjoy 1.6RC1, and see you on the issue tracker, wiki, and mailing lists!