Version 0.9.0 of the Apache Solr extension has just been released.
The Apache Solr extension is an extremely fast, light-weight, feature-rich library that allows PHP developers to communicate easily and efficiently with Apache Solr server instances using an object-oriented API.
It effectively simplifies the process of interacting with Apache Solr using PHP.
The Solr extension already has built-in readiness for Solr 1.4
A quick list of some of the features of the API include :
- Built in serialization of Solr Parameter objects.
- Reuse of HTTP connections across repeated requests.
- Ability to obtain input documents for possible resubmission from query responses.
- Simplified interface to access server response data (SolrObject)
- Ability to connect to Solr server instances secured behind HTTP Authentication and proxy servers
The following components are also supported
It can be downloaded from the PECL home page here: http://pecl.php.net/package/solr