We’re entering the final stretches of the Zend Framework 1.10.0 release
train: last night, we released our first release candidate (RC) for 1.10.0.
You can download it from our downloads page:
Please note that the RC is only available on the ZF site, not from
the zend.com CDN.
Frequent visitors to the Zend Framework site will notice a few changes we’ve
- The download page has a new design, aimed to be simpler and more
- The reference guide now allows you to select which minor release version
of ZF you are using, as well as search per-version.
- We now have API docs per-minor-version as well.
We have a few more site updates in store for the stable 1.10.0 release; stay
tuned for that announcement!
For those that missed the beta announcement, below is a list of new features
included in the upcoming 1.10.0 release:
- Zend_Barcode, contributed by Mickael Perraud
- Zend_Cache_Backend_Static, contributed by Pádraic Brady
- Zend_Cache_Manager, contributed by Pádraic Brady
- Zend_Exception – previous exception support, contributed by Marc Bennewitz
- Zend_Feed_Pubsubhubbub, contributed by Pádraic Brady
- Zend_Feed_Writer, contributed by Pádraic Brady
- Zend_Filter_Boolean, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Filter_Compress/Decompress, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Filter_Null, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Log::factory(), contributed by Mark van der Velden and
Martin Roest (of ibuildings)
- Zend_Log_Writer_ZendMonitor, contributed by Matthew Weier O’Phinney
- Zend_Markup, contributed by Pieter Kokx
- Zend_Oauth, contributed by Pádraic Brady
- Zend_Serializer, contributed by Marc Bennewitz
- Zend_Service_DeveloperGarden, contributed by Marco Kaiser
- Zend_Service_LiveDocx, contributed by Jonathan Marron
- Zend_Service_WindowsAzure, contributed by Maarten Balliauw
- Zend_Validate_Barcode, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Validate_Callback, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Validate_CreditCard, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Zend_Validate_PostCode, contributed by Thomas Weidner
- Additions to Zend_Application resources, including Cachemanager, Dojo,
Jquery, Layout, Log, Mail, and Multidb (contributed primarily by Dolf
- Refactoring of Zend_Loader::loadClass() to conform to the PHP Framework
Interop Group reference implementation, which allows for autoloading PHP 5.3
- Updated Dojo version to 1.4
In addition, Zend_Tool has had undergone a ton of refactoring to eliminate
issues and bottlenecks, as well as to add a number of new features:
- New CLI runner with home directory and configuration support
- New providers for Model generation, DbAdapter setup, Layouts and Form
- Default project structure comes with logging support in the ErrorController
This is a release candidate, and should by no means be used in
production. While we feel that this version represents a stable feature
set, there may be a number of issues that still need to be addressed before
the final release. As such, we do ask you to test your applications
against the RC, and provide us feedback via the href="http://framework.zend.com/issues">issue tracker so that we can
have a solid and stable release.
We are planning the stable release for this upcoming Tuesday, 26 January
This is very much a community-driven framework; please join me in
congratulating the many contributors who have made the release possible!