For those who haven’t put the reoccurring event in their calendar, this announcement is for you: Zend Framework Monthly Bug-hunt is here again! This Thursday, Friday and Saturday of February (the 17th, 18th and 19th 2011), we’ll be hosting our monthly bug hunt. For those of you unfamiliar with the event, each month, we organize the community to help reduce the number of open issues reported against the framework.
Last month we saw 24 issues closed with no clear winner. Each, with 5 issues closed a piece, were Benoît Durand and Ramon Henrique Ornelas. Since we have no clear winner, this month, both Benoît and Ramon will have their 5 issues rolled over into this month’s count.
Don’t know where to start? – Well, have a gander at our issue tracker, in particular the following filter. Listed here this issue tracker filter are nearly 1300 issues of all shapes and sizes of open unresolved issues. With so many open issues, large and small, there is no reason to miss out on this bug-hunt.
All in all, bug hunt days have helped us close 100′s of issues in Zend Framework since their inception. These bug hunts have proved vital to keeping up the bug squashing momentum in this project. So, whether they are big bugs or small bugs, remember this: all bugs worthy of being squashed.
Not convinced you should join in yet? Here are some more reasons:
- Improve your coding skillz by being around some of PHP’s top developers in #zftalk.dev while hunting for bugs.
- Win THE Zend Framework t-shirt — the individual who resolves or assists in resolving the most issues wins a Zend Framework t-shirt! (This is the same t-shirt so many people were asking for at ZendCon 2010 worn by Matthew and Ralph during the ZF2 live talk.)
- Help improve the overall quality of the code you’re already using.
- Fix issues that have been affecting you.
- Save you and your company time spent managing your own patches to ZF, and move the maintenance upstream by patching the framework itself.
- Learn valuable Quality Assurance skills.
- All the cool kids are doing it. Are you cool?
If you want to help out, please make sure you have a CLA on file with us, and then join us in the #zftalk.dev channel on Freenode on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. If you would like more information on specifics of participating, read our guide.
We are looking forward to seeing you at this month’s Bug Hunt Days!