Wow, if you weren’t at ZendCon and missed the Live Stream, you missed some fantastic news. Zend is releasing new betas into the wild for both Zend Studio and Zend Server.
Zend Studio 10
This eclipsed based IDE has long been a standard for serious PHP developers. It’s workflows are designed to streamline not only day-to-day programming tasks but the debugging process as well. As with past years, this year Zend has announced that the BETA of the new Zend Studio – Zend Studio 10 – is now available for download and testing.
- Visual drag and drop interface for building mobile apps
- Streamlined process for on-premise or in the cloud deployment
- Cloud-connected mobile connectivity using Zend Server Gateway
- Zend Framework 2 Integration and PHP 5.4 support
- Improved core workflows to save time and effort
If you already plan on purchasing, you can pre-order Zend Studio 10 and save 10%. For more information, visit the Zend Studio homepage.
Zend Server 6
The flagship of the Zend product line, Zend Server, also gets a new version and as with Studio, you can grab the beta right now. Zend Server 6 is designed from the ground up to take full advantage of PHP’s agility, It is is the key to building and running truly professional-grade apps.
The new version has a host of new features, here are the highlights.
- Focus on your apps: get a more granular view of your application ecosystem
- Cloud-friendly architecture: seamlessly scale up and ensure high availability
- User management: separate roles and responsibilities while keeping track of user activities
- Support for the latest technologies: take advantage of PHP 5.4 and Zend Framework 2
Go find out more information about this important upgrade at the Zend Server homepage.
As PHP developers expand their toolsets to work with increasingly complex technology stacks, it is good to know that Zend it creating tools that help them build rock-solid applications now and well into the future.