It’s time to kick 2011 off with a bang. Tomorrow, Friday and Saturday (January 20th, 21st, and 22nd) we will be hosting our monthly bug-hunt. For those of you unfamiliar with the event, each month, we organize the community to help reduce the number of open issues reported against the framework. So, if you haven’t already planned to take some time to get involved, now’s the time. Bounce on over to your bosses cube and have him carve out some time to bug-hunt with us!
These bug-hunts are some of the more important bug-hunts for us. As you might be aware, we released our final minor point release in the past couple of months: Zend Framework 1.11 (and ZF 1.11.x README). This means that this branch will be the final release branch of the 1.x series. So help us make this release branch rock solid by closing as many issues as we can in this up-coming bug-hunt!
Last year was pretty great. But, this year needs to be better. All in all, bug hunt days have helped us close 100’s if not over a 1000 issues in Zend Framework since their inception. These bug hunts have proved vital to keeping up the bug squashing momentum in this project. So, whether they are big bugs or small bugs, remember this: all bugs worthy of being squashed.
Not convinced you should join in yet? Here are some more reasons:
- It is your new years resolution to commit back to an open-source project.
- Improve your coding skillz by being around some of PHP’s top developers in #zftalk.dev while hunting for bugs.
- Win THE Zend Framework t-shirt — the individual who resolves or assists in resolving the most issues wins a Zend Framework t-shirt! (This is the same t-shirt so many people were asking for at ZendCon 2010 worn by Matthew and Ralph during the ZF2 live talk.)
- Help improve the overall quality of the code you’re already using.
- Fix issues that have been affecting you.
- Save you and your company time spent managing your own patches to ZF, and move the maintenance upstream by patching the framework itself.
- Learn valuable Quality Assurance skills.
- All the cool kids are doing it. Are you cool?
If you want to help out, please make sure you have a CLA on file with us, and then join us in the #zftalk.dev channel on Freenode on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. If you would like more information on specifics of participating, read our guide.
Looking forward to seeing you at this month’s Bug Hunt Days!