Ah the smell of fresh code!
After an lengthy beta cycle – 8 Release candidates – it was announced today that PHP 5.4.0 is now the current stable release.
This release of PHP includes:
- Short Array Syntax
- JsonSerializable interface
- Dereferencing Arrays
- Better performance
- Better memory management
- Over 100 bug fixes
- and the TLC of hundreds of developers and testers
You can download the source from http://www.php.net/downloads.php.
You can download the Windows binaries from http://windows.php.net/download/.
If you are currently running PHP 5.3, here is a link to the PHP 5.4 Migration Guide.
- If you are a core developer who worked on this release
- If you submitted a patch
- If you downloaded one of the RCs and ran make test
- If you worked to get the manual up to date
If you had a hand in making the latest version of PHP, from all of us who use PHP, THANK YOU!
Well what are you waiting for? Go download and install!