We’ve tagged, created and pushed packages, and I’m pleased to announce that the fourth release candidate of ZF2, Zend Framework 2.0.0rc4, is now available!
Release candidates are now happening weekly, and will continue until we feel the code is stable; we anticipate that in the next couple weeks, we should have a stable release.
In the past week, we’ve managed around 50 pull requests, patching primarily bugfixes. Additionally, a patch closing potential XML entity expansion vectors (XEE) was added, and addresses each of Zend\Dom, Zend\Feed, Zend\Soap, and Zend\XmlRpc. If you were building on a version prior to RC4, we highly recommend updating at this time.
Our efforts are now turning primarily to documentation. If you can help us, please do! Enrico has posted a primer on helping with documentation:
as well as a list of documentation tasks:
Please help out!
Below is the full changelog. Take some time to test the release, and to thank all the contributors who have helped get us this far!
UPDATES IN RC4
- RowGateway: delete() now works; RowGateway objects now no longer duplicates
the content internally leading to a larger than necessary memory footprint.
- Adapter for PDO: fixed such that all calls to rowCount() will always be an
integer; also fixed disconnect() from unsetting property
- Zend\Validator\Db: fixed such that TableIdentifier can be used to promote
- Sql\Select: added reset() API to reset parts of a Select object, also
includes updated constants to refer to the parts by
- Sql\Select and others: Added subselect support in Select, In Expression and
the processExpression() abstraction for Zend\Db\Sql
- Metadata: fixed various incorrect keys when refering to contstraint data in
metadata value objects
- StringTrim filter now properly handles unicode whitespace
- FieldsetInterface now defines the methods allowObjectBinding() and
- New interface, FieldsetPrepareAwareInterface. Collection and Fieldset both
- See https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/pull/2184 for details
- Select elements now handle options and validation more consistently with
other multi-value elements.
- SSL options are now propagated to all Socket Adapter subclasses
- Allows passing ValidatorChain and FilterChain instances to the factory
- Fixed xml formatter to not display empty extra information
- SplAutoloader was renamed to SplAutoloaderInterface (consistency issue)
- params() helper now allows fetching full parameter containers if no
arguments are provided to its various methods (consistency issue)
- The DbSelect adapter now works
- ViewModel now allows unsetting variables properly
- Fixed issues in Zend\Dom, Zend\Soap, Zend\Feed, and Zend\XmlRpc with regards
to the way libxml2 allows xml entity expansion from DOCTYPE entities when it