The Zend Framework community is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6! Packages and installation instructions are available at:
We’ve been releasing release candidates weekly since mid-July. At this time, RC6 is slated to be the last release candidate before shipping a stable version.
RC6 has continued the cycle of decreasing numbers of pull requests, lending weight to the idea that we are hitting a stable API. Around 30 patches were handled — though not all were merged — ranging from small consistency fixes to solutions for often-reported issues. Additionally, around 20 documentation patches were handled, providing a steady stream of updates for the user guide.
The full changelog is as follows:
- The INI adapter now allows bracket notation for appending values to an array
within INI definitions.
- ResultInterface adds isBuffered() method for checking if the resultset is
buffered or not. Allows for more fine grained control of result set
buffering, including using the database engine's native buffering.
- Insertions with multi-part keys now work properly.
- Expression objects may now be passed to the order() method of a Select
- You can now omit error messages on elements when rendering via formRow(), by
passing a boolean false as the third argument of the helper.
- You can now use concrete hydrator instances with the factory.
- You may now set the CSRF validator class and/or options to use on the Csrf
- The Select, Radio, and MultiCheckbox elements and view helpers were
refactored to move value options into properties, instead of attributes.
This makes them more consistent with other elements, and simplifies the
- Forms now lazy-load an input filter if none has been specified; this should
simplify usage for many, and remove the "no input filter attached"
- All form helpers for buttons (button, submit, reset) now allow translation.
- The formRow() view helper now allows you to set the CSS class used to
designate an input with errors.
- Some browser/web server combingations set SERVER_NAME to the IPv6 address,
and enclose it in brackets. The PhpEnvironment\Request object now correctly
detects such situations.
- The Socket client will only fallback to SSLv3 if the ssltransport
configuration key is not set (instead of also allowing SSLv2).
- Loader\LoaderInterface was splitted into Loader\FileLoaderInterface and
Loader\RemoteLoaderInterface. The latter one will be used in ZF 2.1 for
a database loader.
- Translator::addTranslationPattern() and the option "translation_patterns"
were renamed to Translator::addTranslationFilePattern and
- A new method Translator::addRemoteTranslations() was added.
- Application no longer defines the "application" identifier for its composed
EventManager instance. If you had listeners listening on that context,
update them to use "Zend\Mvc\Application". See this thread for more details:
- The redirect plugin's toRoute() method signature is now synced with that of
the url plugin's fromRoute() method.
- The PRG plugin now allows passing no arguments; if you do so, the currently
matched route will be used for the redirect.
- Removes the factory() and related methods. This was done to be more
consistent with other components, and also because the utility was not
terribly useful; in most cases, developers needed to configure the adapter
- ClassMethods Hydrator now supports boolean getters prefixed with "is".
- DB validators no longer mix positional and named parameters.
The skeleton application and a skeleton module have been updated for 2.0.0rc6, and are a great place to look to help get you started. You may also want to check out the user guide , as it provides a comprehensive tutorial for building a ZF2 application.
I’d like to thank each and every person who has contributed ideas, feedback, pull requests (no pull request is too small!), testing, and more — we’re almost to the goal of a stable next-generation framework!